Over the weekend I got the car back on the ground and did a little clean up in the engine bay as a lot of oil got chucked out.
Most of it went in the drivers wheel arch. Yummy!! 🍕
Few bits ticks off the list;
Rewire some of the OEM loam.
- Clean engine bay.
Paint below the box section lip gloss black (Mazda didn’t like to paint everything) Did this is Satin Black in the end.
- Turbo oil drain welded onto replacement sump.
- Crimped AN10 oil lines
The Rewire of the OEM loam was fun!! 😢 I’ve stripped alot of it out as some of the sensor / wiring I don’t run anymore.. Even though it took a while it looks ten times better, still got a little bit more to do… 👍
I’ve cleaned out the remote oil filter & sandwich plate to which founds a fair amount of metal bits, the filter looks to have caught it all and prevented metal getting into the turbo oil feed.
I’ve flushed the oil cooler which showed no signs of metal but as a pro-cation I will be fitting a new one.
On a high note I got really lucky and found a brand new oil sump on eBay, it was also the later design with the better sealing at the rear of the sump, I will be heading over to G19 Engineering to get a oil drain welded on.
Once the 2.5 is here I can really crack on and get it all back together.. Lets hope my luck had turned, I’ve had enough bad luck lately 😢